The mouth guard protects the teeth and soft tissue (gums, lips, cheeks) from accidental blows during exercise.
Of flexible material, non-toxic, odorless, non-allergenic and resistant to mold formation.
I am equally sure that the universal mouth guard are located in pharmacies or sporting goods stores?
The surest is tailor-made by the dentist in EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) material which has the characteristics mentioned above.
This mouthguard to insert it in your mouth requires little force, this safety test differentiates preformed by increasing efficiency.
During the strong impact it will not be expelled from the mouth.
To be effective mouthguards must have of varying thicknesses and precise, according to the type of sport and intensity of shot that you may receive (will be different if done for a soccer player, a cyclist or a hockey player).
The preformed on the contrary are made from thermoplastic materials that fit the dental arch form in an approximate way.
With precision impression of the patient's arches, "mouthguard" can be customized and decorated (with the owner's name, colors of team membership etc).
What should I do in case of fracture or expulsion of a tooth?
- In case of bleeding, tighten between the teeth gauze or a handkerchief of cloth and apply ice outside.
- Collect the fragment or the tooth as soon as possible and soak in milk, saliva or saline, to prevent dehydration which would make it difficult to use.
This technology uses the principle of fluorescence, in addition to clinical examination visual and tactile and allows to identify oral lesions at an early stage.
precancerous and cancerous lesions of the oral cavity can be hidden to cause pain and deformity endangering the patient's life.
Why undergo an examination by VelScope?
- Early detection of precancerous and cancerous lesions of the oral cavity is essential to prevent and treat
- The oral cancer causes deformities of the face and neck and is treated with invasive surgeries and mutilating
- Fluorescence helps identify oral lesions not visible to the naked eye
- The human papilloma virus (HPV), is correlated with the occurrence of cancerous lesions in the oral cavity
- The procedure is painless, non-invasive and only takes a few minutes.
One sure way to diagnose caries.
The elements for a perfect caries diagnosis:
- Clinical examination,
- Radiographic examination
- The DIAGNOdent.
The hidden caries in early stage is diagnosed with ease, thanks to the fluorescence induced by the laser DIAGNOdent.
It is gentle on the patient and protects the tooth structure.
The mechanical detection of caries by means of stylet, can damage the healthy tooth substance and cause pain in the patient.
The DIAGNOdent detects the different fluorescence of healthy and diseased tooth substance, in a reliable manner and without unnecessary radiation even in very small caries.